Christina Aguilera makes electro album

CHRISTINA AGUILERA has revealed that she is recording a "futuristic" album.

The singer told her fans that her long-awaited next record will feature a more electronic sound than her previous efforts.

She said: "I kind of had an idea for a futuristic feel for many years now, but I also had that idea that I wanted to do a soul, blues and jazz record also. But I knew I had to do that one first.

"It's always been in the back of my mind to do a more futuristic sound. But I felt like it couldn't been a better time or place for me personally also as a new mom."

And despite the influx of electronic-inspired music in the charts lately, Aguilera insisted she wasn't influenced by anyone else.

She added: "That was the funny thing too. I did start to notice that music did start to take a more electronic turn. But I really don't pay attention to what's going on out there because I want everything I do to have a very original feel.

"I wanted to keep a good balance of future but still mix it with a very real and believable sound."